Thank you kindly for affording me the opportunity to introduce myself as well as the profession I am incredibly passionate about; Educational Psychology. I am registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as an Educational Psychologist.
With regard to my Educational Qualifications, I completed an Undergraduate Degree (BA Psychology) at the University of Johannesburg and went on to UNISA to fulfil a Postgraduate Degree (BA Psychology) (Hons). Following this, I completed the Practical Programme in Psychometry (UJ) and registered with the HPCSA as a Psychometrist (Independent Practice). Subsequent to this, I completed the M.Ed (Educational Psychology) Degree at the University of the Witwatersrand.
I am passionate about working within a therapeutic setting with children of all ages. Thus, my therapeutic interventions focus primarily on play therapy for younger children and individual therapy for adolescents. Furthermore, I acknowledge that understanding and working systemically with the child is significant. Hence, the child is viewed in relation to their individual family system as well as their social context which encompasses their school, peer and community for example.
- Learning difficulties
- Behavioural Problems
- Exam Stress
- Bullying within the school context
- Attention and Concentration difficulties
- Psycho-Education regarding issues such as; drug abuse and alcohol abuse
- School Refusal
- Peer Pressure
- Difficulties related to peer relationships (e.g.: conflict)
- Parental Guidance and support
- Sibling rivalry
- Separation Anxiety
- Problems related to toilet training
- Step-Parent families
- Problems related to the child-parent relationship
- Difficulties related to self-esteem in children and adolescents